Sneak peaks of future reviews

Instagram

WeSampledItForYou Facebook

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Small Stash of Stash Tea

Stash Tea Sample Flavors
 I recently wrote Stash Tea and asked for a sample of their flavors in return for a review on this blog.. A short while later I received an envelope with four different tea bags. A White Chocolate Mocha Black tea, Wild Raspberry Hibiscus (Caffeine free) Herbal tea, Jasmine Blossom Green tea and a Spice Dragon Red Chai tea (also a Caffeine free Herbal tea).


White Chocolate Mocha
A yummy treat mid day 


Surprisingly the White Chocolate tea was opened and in boiling water before I could take a picture. It was as yummy as it sounds.

I had it mid day with jam on toast, and fulfilled my sweet tooth.   I don't know if I could drink it all day everyday, because I love my coffee and plain teas as well, But it is a definite treat and I'm sure would be a daily drinker for many people.



Loved this Flavor to Accompany
My Stir Fry and Rice meals.
Next I tried the Jasmine Green Tea with an Asian style homemade stir fry, because YES, I do prefer to drink teas with similar foods in my mind.  I am not big on jasmine flavors.  I've thrown away jasmine rice and scents before.   I did enjoy this tea though.  

It was a compliment to the food, and took me back to the many dinners where I requested hot GREEN tea instead of plain hot tea at Chinese restaurants.  Also of the few cups of tea I enjoyed during my trip to Korea and Japan.   



 Then I tried the Wild Raspberry Hibiscus Herbal tea, which was also caffeine free.  This.. I was sadly not happy with.  I was crazy hopeful because I love raspberries, but to me it was too tart and somehow had a sharp taste.  I don't know if it was the lemongrass or Hibiscus but something in the flavor was off for me.




Then Spice Dragon Red Chai.  We normally drink the plain Chai when we want something a little spicier then plain hot tea.  I was not disappointed with this variation.  Still tasted like a yummy spiced tea and was smooth in flavor. The scent alone was enough to make me think, 'Mmmmm yummy.'  Even without the Cardamon and other ingredients of plain Chai, this herbal Chai does an amazing job of capturing the flavor.

Overall, with all four of the random flavors I probably would have bought them myself.  Even though I would not have finished the Raspberry herbal, the other three flavors would have been drank to the last teabag.  I would have also gone back for more.

In this house, the Stash Tea Co is... Our cup of Tea.
Sorry, I had to do it at least once :)


SO, 
Good Points
  •  Great company, with easy online ordering.
  •  Great tasting tea, in the flavors we liked.
  •  Wide variety of flavors and bag/loose leaf choices.
  •  Competitive and affordable prices with other teabag companies.


Cons or could not review
  • Hibiscus Raspberry flavor was a let down, which saddened me.  Really was excited to find a raspberry tea.
  • I only tried Teabags, so I could not review their Loose leaf tea.
  • I brew my tea properly with boiling water over the bag, so I cannot say how any microwaving or boiling with bag in water may effect the taste.
In our opinion,

Would You buy this?    Yes, I think so.  Most tea drinkers, if they aren't ectremely loyal to their own brand, would be interested in the different flavors available.  However I don't know how many would go online and find out all that are available.

SHOULD You buy this?   If you like tea, YES!  A good price tea, nice flavor and great selection.

So overall we give Stash Tea a GREEN LIGHT.  Even if you don't like tea, but want to have some sitting on a shelf for guests, this is a good tasting tea that will please.  



Please check out our Sister review blogs for more products and opinions.
There is also a list of my profiles over there if you would like to know me better

NEXT REVIEW:  Purely Great Natural Deoderant



Upcoming reviews:  Hempz Body Lotions, Jif almond Butter and Art Naturals Lush eyebrow and lash enhancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment