Sneak peaks of future reviews

Instagram

WeSampledItForYou Facebook

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Smelling the sweetness of Jewelry with Jackpot Candles

Got so excited when I
got my mail that day!
I wrote Jackpot Candles explaining this blog and they graciously agreed to send us a candle to review. Once we had type, scent and size down, I got my candle in FIVE days. So I received my candle free in return for this review, Bubble wrapped, lid separately wrapped, inside a box with a thank you note and coupon! I love quick efficient service :)

I picked a caramel coffee latte scent, and it smelled great when opened. We lit it around 6:30pm and two hours later there was less then an inch of melt along the top. There was a soft pleasing aroma wafting through the room and into the adjoining ones as well. I had to snuff the candle for the night and relight it the next day. Still slow burning even on the old melt. I love long lasting candles.

Loved this scent!  



I know what your waiting for though.... What kind of jewelry did I get? I opted for a ring candle and it took a few days to see the foil wrapped prize. Once the melt was down enough I went ahead and dug out my new ring on Thanksgiving. Why did I wait so long to review? Because quality on jewelry cannot be figured out in one day. I have worn my ring literally all day, everyday since I unwrapped it.





Stone is lighter in color then pic shows.
Still red, but a more Cherry/strawberry
and less cranberry in hue.
I received a very pretty red heart gem with two small CZ stones on the sides. Silver band with shaping accents on the bottom of the heart. I love it. I may have bought it myself if I had seen it in the store because its pretty, not too big and wouldn't be expensive. 
 That's right...
 I did NOT hit the jackpot. Pretty though it is... My ring was only appraised on site as a $15 piece.
I am still burning the candle, I am considering buying another or the wax tarts just because the smell is nice. I will still be wearing my ring, although the 24/7 trial is over. 
 After wearing it everyday, through laundry, diapers, dishes, pet baths, showers and cooking.... There is only one issue! There is a slight amount of wear on he silver fitting at the top of the heart gem.  Barely enough to see, I only noticed it because I was inspecting it for the review. I had no green finger, no irritation and the ring has no tarnishing.                                         



To sum up:


  • If you like jewelry, candles and a little bit of gambling anticipation, Jackpot Candles are definitely for you.  Nicely scented slow burning candle, with the fun of a scratch off jewelry store door prize.
  •  I liked the company customer service, the speed and packaging of the shipment and the quality of both products. 
  • Even the low range of jewelry was still good jewelry.  No tarnishing, greening of finger, no reaction, no stone falling out etc.


Just dug out the foil wrapped zip locked baggie that held my ring!
So.. Would You Buy This?   I think the only issue for everyday people would be price, but even with the $25 price tag, I see a lot of people wanting to buy them, so I think most people who are interested in Candles would probably end up buying at least one.

SHOULD You Buy This?  If your a girl who likes candles OR jewlry I think you should.  Even just once for the fun.  If it seems a bit pricey for you, just make sure you keep burning the candle even after you get your jewelry to get full value! Keep an eye out for sales if that tag is a bit much for you,. I will say also, that if you know someone who your having trouble buying a gift for....one of these would be great!!

We say, Buy It.  
Even if you don't normally like candles, you can give them out as gifts.  
Put one in the bathroom, table centerpiece or even pull off the label and surprise a jewelry loving family or friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment